This recipe is the perfect breakfast for menopause and provides a quick solution to including the necessary vitamins and minerals into your diet. It is especially important to eat a nutritious meal and not skip breakfast during menopause and perimenopause. However, with busy schedules it can be difficult to set aside the time to make and enjoy a healthy breakfast.
Our simple porridge recipe provides a quick and easy breakfast for menopause that can help stabilise your blood sugar levels and keep you energised and full until lunch time. It also contains 30g of Linwoods Menoligna blend which contains the necessary vitamins, minerals and lignans for women during the menopause stage of life.
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 3 – 10 minutes
Servings – 2
- 1 cup (100g) of jumbo oats
- 2 cups (500ml) of non dairy milk or a mixture of milk and water
- 30g Linwoods Menoligna
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Berries, peanut butter and toasted seeds for topping!
- Mix together the oats and milk in a pot over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 – 10 minutes. Stir in the flax and maple syrup.
- Alternatively cook in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Serve topped with more Linwoods Menoligna, berries, peanut butter and toasted seeds.