Avocado and brownies are two words that sound like they shouldn’t go together but we promise you if you are looking for a vegan brownie recipe that tastes delicious but is also nutrient-dense, this is the recipe for you. They are super fudgy, packed full of vitamins and minerals from our Linwoods Flax, Nuts & Q10 blend and made with pretty pink icing to make it extra sweet for Valentines Day.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Servings – 10 -12
For the Vegan Brownies
- 150g ripe avocado
- 125ml oat milk
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g white sugar
- 40g raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed with Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Walnuts, and Co-Enzyme Q10
- 125g plain white flour or plain white spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
For the Icing
- 2 – 3 tsp beetroot powder
- 100g vegan cream cheese
- 200g icing sugar
- Rose petals, cacao nibs or chocolate chips, and coconut chips for garnishing
- Line an 8 inch square tin with baking paper, leaving a little overhang on each side, and lightly grease with spray oil or vegan butter.
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Blend together avocado and oat milk in a jug.
- Sift together sugars, cacao powder, flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add avocado and milk puree and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the thick batter to the prepared tin. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tray.
- Beat together the vegan cream cheese with the icing sugar with the beet powder in a large deep bowl using an electric mixer or beater until smooth.
- Spread over cooled brownies. Garnish as you please and slice.
- Store vegan brownies in the fridge in a sealed container for up to four days.