These easy fluffy vegan chocolate pancakes are delicious just on their own, but of course they’re elevated to a whole new level of deliciousness with a smooth speedy peanut butter caramel sauce. Plus they’re eggless and dairy-free! Flaxseed and water simply whisked together creates a fantastic egg substitute for all your vegan baking needs.
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 2
For the Caramel
- 25g smooth drippy peanut butter
- 40ml maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
For the Pancakes
- 90g buckwheat flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Linwoods milled flaxseed
- 225ml non dairy milk of choice
- ½ a ripe banana or 50g apple puree
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Whisk together caramel ingredients in a small bowl. This can be made in bigger batches and stored in a sealed jar at room temperature for up to one week.
- Whisk together all pancakes ingredients in a large jug. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a large non stick pan over a medium heat. Grease the pan with some coconut oil or spray oil.
- Cook ¼ cup (60ml) of batter per pancake. When bubbles form and the edges start to set you can flip them and cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute more on the opposite side.
- Serve pancakes with caramel, berries and some cacao nibs!