Hummus is a picnic food staple, whether it’s for dressing up salads or used as a savoury dipping sauce. Change up the usual recipe with Linwoods Shelled Hemp to provide an extra delicious nutty taste and source of plant-based protein.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 4 -6
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 3 tbsp Linwoods Shelled Hemp
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove of garlic minced or grated
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30g spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh dill or basil
- Salt to taste
- Blend together all ingredients in a blender until smooth. You can use a food processor but it won’t blitz the hemp seeds to a smooth consistency as easily.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve hummus with spring veggies and oat cakes or crackers for dunking.
- Store hummus in the fridge in a sealed container for up to four days.