You’ll never guess this Pesto Pizza is dairy-free! Roasted butternut squash puree for the pizza base, topped with broccoli, onions and tomatoes, and pesto made from scratch with pine nuts, garlic, vegan parmesan, basil and Linwoods Flaxseed with Vitamin D for a nutritious boost. A delicious meal for the whole family on a sunny day!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 – 40 minutes
- 12 oz. pre-made pizza dough
- 600g frozen butternut squashcubes
- 1 shallot, roughly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepperto taste
- 4 slices of tomato
- 20g sliced red onion
- 30g tender stembroccoli, sliced in half
- 3-4 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed Vitamin D
- 40g fresh basil leaves, stalks removed
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 tbsp vegan parmesan
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-6 tbsp water
Method (or watch video demonstration here)
- Spread flour onto board and rest dough until it reaches room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Spread butternut squash and shallot on baking sheet and drizzle with a tbsp of olive oil
- Sprinkle with paprika, oregano, salt & pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, give them shake after 10 mins.
- Roll out pizza doughto desired shape and thickness, it should be about 12 inches wide. 8.Increase oven heat to 250c.
- Puree squash and shallots, spread evenly over the pizza dough.
- Topped with tomatoes, sliced onions and broccoli.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is browned.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and dollop on homemade pesto and fresh basil leaves.
For the pesto:
- Blend basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, flaxseed mix, vegan parmesan and salt until a loose paste forms.
- Add olive oil a little at a time, while the machine is on, and scrape down sides as needed.
- Add 1 tbsp water at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust flavour as needed.