This speed egg fried rice is one of our favourites, made in minutes, super tasty and given a nutritional fibre rich boost with the addition of some flaxseed.
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 2
- 2 whole eggs whisked + 2 tsp butter or olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked rice, brown, white, jasmine, whatever you fancy!
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen carrots
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari for gluten free
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Linwoods Flax, Nuts and Q10
- Spring onions to serve
- Cook eggs in a pan over a medium heat to your liking. You can quickly scramble them or make a thin omelette and shred it up before adding to the rest of the ingredients. Remove from the pan and set to one side in a bowl.
- Add the sesame oil to the pan along with the peas, corn, carrots and rice. Cook for about 10 minutes ensuring the veggies are full thawed but retain a little bite.
- Add soy sauce, flaxseed, sesame seeds and cooked egg to the pan. Stir through to combine and heat through for just a couple of minutes.
- Season with a little more soy sauce if desired.
- Serve topped with spring onions and you’re good to go!