Jump to recipe
This Roasted Sweet Potato salad is comforting, delicious and contains a variety of hormone balancing foods.
Eating a healthy and varied diet can help support menopausal symptoms and this lunch recipe provides a delicious way to include important nutrients into your diet. This recipe contains hormone balancing foods such as green leafy vegetables, sweet potato and quinoa. The star ingredients is Linwoods Menoligna which is high in Vitamin B6 and contains lignans which are naturally occurring phytoestrogens which mimic the role of oestrogen.
Nutritious Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- For the Salad:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 200g kale
- ½ cup quinoa (uncooked), approx. 100g
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 pomegranate, arils removed
- 2 heaped tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp Linwoods Menoligna
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 - 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 60 ml olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F). Place the potatoes and bell pepper on a large tray. I prefer to half them side beside simply so the pepper doesn’t stain the sweet potato as it cooks!
- 2. Drizzle and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- 3. You can also cook the veggies in the air fryer for approximately 20 minutes at the same temperature.
- 4. Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa in a sieve. Then place into a pot with 350ml of water. Bring to the boil and simmer on a very low heat for 15 minutes; all the water should be absorbed.
- 5. Remove the kale leaves from the stalks and roughly chop. Add it to a large bowl, drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and scrunch in your hands for a couple of minutes to soften.
- 6. Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients in a jug until emulsified. You can also do this using a hand blender.
- 7. When the veggies are cooked, toss together the ingredients for the salad, or layer them up in bowls and drizzle with the dressing. I like to serve the Menoligna, seeds and pomegranate on top.
If you enjoyed this Roasted Sweet Potato Salad, why not try our Hormone Balancing Smoothie which contains more hormone balancing foods such as kale and banana.
For more delicious recipes be sure to follow our youtube for quick and easy recipe ideas