This delicious green porridge is the perfect St. Patrick’s Day breakfast recipe. Topped with tangy roasted rhubarb, pistachios, coconut flakes and mixed with matcha powder to create that bright green colour throughout! We’ve also added in 2 tbsp of our Shelled Hemp to give an extra nutty taste and a natural addition of protein.
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
Servings – 2
- 2 stalks of rhubarb
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 100g oats of choice
- 300ml water
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Shelled Hemp
- Chopped pistachios and toasted coconut flakes to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Slice rhubarb and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle over maple syrup, lemon juice, and toss.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook oats on the stove top with water and coconut milk. Regular oats will take about 5 – 7 minutes, quick oats 2 – 3 minutes, and steel cut oats about 30 – 35 minutes.
- Add hemp seeds, matcha powder and vanilla extract to oats. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve oats top with roasted rhubarb, coconut yogurt, pistachios and coconut flakes.