Chocolate Easter Porridge…a fun breakfast for Easter full of oaty goodness. Linwoods Flaxseed with Cocoa and Mulberries creates the luxurious taste of comforting chocolate without the sugar and actually adding chocolate to the mix.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 – 8 minutes
Servings – 4
For the Oats
- 2 cups (200g) of oats
- 2 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 heaped tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed with Cocoa and Mulberries
- 1 tbsp whole chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 500ml oat milk
- 500ml water
Mini Almond Eggs
- 25g ground almonds
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of beet powder, matcha powder and turmeric; placed into separate bowls
- Add oats, cocoa powder, flax, salt, maple syrup, oat milk and water to a pot. Bring to the boil, simmer and stir for 5 – 8 minutes; until they reach your desired consistency.
- Meanwhile mix together ground almonds and maple syrup in a bowl. Divide into three and mix each one to a colourful paste with matcha, turmeric and beet powder. The one with turmeric powder will have a strong taste so you can add a little vanilla extract or orange extract to counteract the taste if you like.
- Divide the different colour doughs into little mini balls and shape into eggs.
- Serve oats topped with dairy free yogurt of choice, chocolate chips and mini eggs, with a little extra drizzle of syrup if desired.