Black Bean Chocolate Cake Pops…an easy little tasty treat, that would make a great addition to a Halloween party!
Preparation Time – 25 minutes
Servings – 10
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 60ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g smooth almond butter
- 30g cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp Linwoods milled chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 100g dark chocolate of choice melted for coating
- Sprinkles, optional
- Blend together black beans, maple syrup, vanilla and almond butter in a large bowl using a hand blender or in a blender until perfectly smooth. If using a blender use a silicone spatula to remove the mixture with a little more ease.
- Once smooth add the milled chia and cocoa powder and incorporate until evenly distributed.
- Divide mixture into 10 balls. Stick a cake/lollipop stick into each, place onto a plate or tray lined with baking paper and place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove and dunk each in the melted chocolate, add sprinkles before the chocolate sets and return to the baking paper lined plate or tray. Place into the fridge for the chocolate to set for about 10 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for up to four days. These would most likely freeze quite well.