Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 50 – 55 minutes
Servings – 10
- 80g coconut or raw cane sugar
- 30ml maple syrup
- 250g ripe bananas
- 180ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130g gluten free flour, I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 100g oat flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (7g) Linwoods milled flaxseed with bio cultures and vitamin d
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 60g dark dairy free chocolate chips or chunks (optional)
- 1 small banana sliced for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Blend together bananas, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut sugar in your food processor.
- Remove mixture, place in a bowl, add in flours, cocoa powder, flaxseed, baking powder and soda. Combine using a whisk to ensure your have a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a baking paper lined 2lb loaf tin. Press banana slices on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 – 55 minutes; until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before placing onto a wire rack to cool fully.
- Store in a seal tight container in the fridge for up 5 days or freeze for up to one month.
- Best served at room temperature, lightly heated or toasted.