Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
Servings – 4
For the Dressing
- 60ml fresh lemon juice
- 60g smooth runny tahini
- 2 – 3 tbsp hot water
- 1 heaped tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp each of garlic powder and onion powder
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 small head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 2 heads of baby gem lettuce chopped
- 4 baby cucumbers diced; or half a medium cucumber diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled to create ribbons
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 4 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed with Bio Cultures and Vitamin D
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients, adding as much or as little hot water to reach desired consistency. If making in advance and storing in the fridge (for up to 3 days), it will thicken up further so you can add hot water to thin out before serving if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and toss with hot sauce, ½ tsp of paprika and all the hot sauce. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, place chickpeas on another baking paper lined tray, toss with ½ tsp paprika and roast for 15 minutes. Toss the cauliflower at this half way mark and continue to roast for 15 minutes while the chickpeas roast.
- Assemble salads with gem lettuce, cucumber, carrot ribbons and red onion. Top with roast cauliflower and chickpeas, dollops of the tahini ranch dressing and garnish each salad with 1 tbsp of the Linwoods Milled Flaxseed with Bio Cultures and Vitamin D.