Serving size – 6 large cupcakes or 12 mini cupcakes
Prep time – 5 min
Cook time- 20-30 min
Ingredients for cupcakes
- ½ cup of buckwheat flour ( or oat flour as an alternative)
- ½ cup of finely processed carrots
- ½ cup of Linwood apple and cinnamon flax seed mix
- 4 tbsp of vegan Greek style yoghurt
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup of oat milk or nut milk of choice
- ¼ cup Linwood Active nuts- cinnamon apple and walnuts
Ingredients for vegan buttercream
- ½ cup of vegan butter softened
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of stevia powder ( blended to a powdered consistency )
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- In a bowl, add buckwheat flour, flax seed mix, baking powder, salt and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, combine, maple syrup, finely processed carrots, Greek yoghurt, vanilla extract and the oat milk and mix to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and beat for two min until it creates a thick batter.
- Take a cupcake pan and add cupcake linings; using an ice-cream batter scoop batter to individual cupcake liner and bake the cupcakes for 20-25 min or until a fork comes out clean.
- Let the cup-cakes cool down before you add the vegan buttercream.
- In a bowl add the buttercream ingredients and beat until light and fluffy for about 1 min.
- Using a nozzle decorate the cupcakes and add crushed Linwood nuts as an extra crunch and to boost the nutrient value !