Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Servings – 2- 4
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced or ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 400ml Passata or 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed well
- 150ml water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried paprika
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1.5 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp salt
- 50g walnuts finely chopped
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed
- Pasta of choice to serve and some fresh basil!
- Add oil to a preheated pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add passata through to salt, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts and flaxseed and leave to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh basil on a bed of your favourite pasta!