Frozen peas cooked and blended up with some Greek yogurt, salt and pepper, a little fresh mint, and you have something magical and oh so simple; with a little extra protein and all round nutritional boost from hemp seeds!
Topped with soft boiled eggs, some seasonal radish and watercress. It’s a simple brunch, light lunch or dinner dish. You could of course have a hunk of toasted sourdough on the side to wipe your bowl or plate clean.
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 2
For the Pea Puree
- 220g frozen peas
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Shelled Hemp
- ¼ tsp salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper to taste
- Two boiled eggs cooked to your liking; I cook mine in boiling water for 8 minutes for a soft but cooked centre
- Watercress or Rocket
- Thinly Sliced Radish
- Black pepper and hemp seeds to garnish
- Place peas into a microwave safe jug. Cover with water and cook on high in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- You can also cook your peas in boiling water for about 5 minutes on the stove if you prefer.
- Drain peas and place into your high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. It should only take 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with soft boiled eggs, cresh, radish and hemp seeds and as much or as little black pepper as you fancy.