@dumbbellsandoats always has the tastiest ideas to sweeten up your every day breakfast oats but this recipe is our favourite one yet…Molten Salted Date and Tahini Caramel Baked Oats!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 55g rolled oats, blended into a flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed, Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame Seeds & Goji Berries
- 1 banana, mashed into a puree
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk
Salted Date and Tahini Caramel:
- 25g dates, pitted weight
- 20ml low fat coconut milk
- 10ml runny tahini
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Caramelised banana
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Blend together the dates, low fat coconut milk, tahini and sea salt until fully blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Mix together the oat flour, cocoa powder, flaxseeds and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add in the mashed banana, maple syrup and almond milk and stir to combine so there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
- Pour half the batter into an ovenproof dish.
- Spoon in half the salted date and tahini caramel into the middle and cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with a small drizzle of tahini and caramelised bananas coins.