Traditional Blueberry Muffins made with a healthier twist with milled flaxseed (packed full of fibre, protein and omega 3) and greek yogurt (an excellent source of calcium). They’re soft, sweet and are bursting with blueberries in each bite!
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Servings – 8
- 130g sugar
- 3 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed
- 120g Koko Spread
- 120g Koko Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place eight muffin case in a muffin tray.
- Mix 3 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 9 tablespoons water. Stir well and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, spread, greek yogurt and vanilla in a bowl and stir until well combined. Then add the flaxseed mixture and stir in.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with baking powder and salt. Stir into the wet ingredients until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Add in the blueberries.
- Evenly spoon mixture into muffin cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let blueberry muffins cool in the pan until set.