Chocolate covered strawberries are a Valentine’s Day classic but how about chocolate covered cherries? Start your Valentine’s Day morning off right with a delicious Chocolate Cherry Vegan Yogurt Bowl. No matter who you’re celebrating with, the combination of chocolate, hemp seeds, and cinnamon infused cherries will make the sweetest day of the year even sweeter.
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Servings – 2
- 250g frozen pitted cherries
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 – 3 heap tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Linwoods Multiboost Flax & Chia Seeds
- 250g non dairy yogurt of choice; I like using an almond based yogurt for this one!*
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Toasted coconut flakes, mini dark chocolate chips and toasted or roasted pecans to serve!
- Add cherries through to the coconut sugar to a pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes with a lid on top stirring occasionally. Allow the cherries to cool a little or cook in advance and store in the fridge for up to three days.
- Whisk together cacao powder, multi boost, yogurt and maple syrup using a mini whisk in a bowl or jug or blend together using a hand blender!
- Serve yogurt divided between two bowls topped with warm or chilled cherries depending on your preference. Sprinkle over chocolate chips, coconut flakes and pecans before digging in.
*If using a thick non dairy coconut yogurt you may need to thin it out with a little non dairy milk when incorporating the cacao powder and hemp multiboost