Stuck for something quick, healthy and delicious in the morning? Overnight oats are made by simply soaking oats and seeds in liquid and forming a pudding overnight. It’s a fantastic option to have in the morning for a number of reasons! The ‘no cooking involved’ breakfast is a great source of carbohydrates from the oats and omega-3 & antioxidants in chia seeds!
Getting the mix made the night before saves so much time in the morning, and also can be made in batches to do several days! Get ahead of the week and have more time to enjoy your morning coffee.
Other flavour options could be:
– Sliced Apple & Cinnamon
– Fresh Berries & Granola
– Nutella & Strawberries
– Protein Packed (using whey protein in the dry mix)
– Toasted Almonds & Greek yogurt
– 60g Oats
– 150ml milk
– 2 tbsp Linwoods chia seeds
– 60g Banana
– 1 tbsp peanut butter
– 1 tsp brown sugar
– 1 tsp butter
- In a kilner jar or container, add the oats & linwoods chia seeds and mix well.
- Add the milk & peanut butter to the mix ands stir in. Seal and allow to set in the fridge overnight (or up to 3 hours)
- When the oats have set, melt some butter in a frying pan and fry the banana slices with the brown sugar until golden and caramelized. Top the oats with these and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.