Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
Servings – Approx. 10
- 220g buckwheat groats
- 20g milled Linwoods Organic Flaxseed
- 60g coconut oil
- 45g almond butter or peanut butter
- 60g sunflower seeds or chopped almonds or a mixture
- 80ml brown rice syrup**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp fine Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- Preheat oven to 150C (300F).
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Lay out on a baking paper lined tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the mixture without breaking it up too much. Bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the tray. Break up a little and store in a seal tight jar or container for up to 3 weeks at room temperature out of direct sunlight.*
*This is just an estimate.
**Brown rice syrup is key as it ensures the mixture is nice and sticky. You could use honey if you are not concerned about it being vegan friendly.