For the Pancakes
- 60g oats gluten free if necessary
- 15g raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g ripe banana
- 125ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp (7g) milled chia seeds
- 1 -2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tbsp (7g) raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp (4g) arrowroot starch + 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- Place all ingredients for the pancakes in a blender or Nutri Bullet and blend until smooth.
- Set batter to one side while you preheat the pan.
- Heat a non-stick 10 inch pan over a medium heat. Cook 2.5 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes more. To make flipping easier place pan under a preheated grill for 1 minute, return to the stove top and cook for 1 minute more.
- For the chocolate ganache whisk together first three ingredients in pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix together water and arrowroot starch. Add to the pot and whisk to combine while it simmers. Allow to heat through and thicken for 1 -2 minutes.
- The chocolate sauce can be made in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Serve pancakes topped with chocolate sauce, some hemp seeds, desiccated coconut, and blackberries.