Banana & Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Recipe by Nadia's Healthy Kitchen
- 1 cup (110g) oat flour (oats ground up into a flour in the food processor - use gluten-free if allergic/intolerant)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg - 1 tbsp Milled Organic Flaxseed + 3 tbsp hot water
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (around 100g)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk of choice
- 6 tbsp chocolate chips
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp of milled flaxseed with 3 tbsp of hot water. Leave for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl then add in the wet ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Wait for the oil to heat up, then spoon 2 tbsp of the mixture for each pancake. Cook for about 1-2 minute, then flip over and cook for another 1 minute.
- Top with more banana, chocolate chips or melted chocolate.