- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 300g Long grain rice
- 850ml Vegetable stock
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Head of fennel
- 2 Dessert spoons of Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed, Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ Teaspoon of allspice
- 1 Heaped tablespoon of mixed herbs
- 100g Sliced Mushrooms
- 100g Peas
- Fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms in a pan until soft, then add the rice and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the chopped carrots, fennel, Linwoods Organic Flaxseed, Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds, bay leaf, all spice and seasoning and simmer for 30 minutes until rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Add the herbs, peas and simmer until the vegetables are tender. Serve with parmesan cheese to garnish.