For the Lentil Nut Loaf
- 1 can green lentils, drained and rinsed, approx. 250g
- 60g (½ cup) roughly chopped roast hazelnuts, unsalted
- 30g (¼ cup) roughly chopped roast pistachio nuts, unsalted
- 30g (¼ cup) dried cranberries
- 1.5 tbsp (12g) Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 80g (⅓ cup) finely grated carrot
- 2 tbsp (30g) oat flour or whole grain flour of choice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
For the Cranberry Apple Glaze
- 100g frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) apple puree
- 1 tsp (5g) tomato puree
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
- Lightly mash lentils leaving some whole
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl
- Grease and line 4 mini loaf pans with baking paper
- Divide mixture between the 4 mini loaf pans and bake for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile mix together all cranberry glaze ingredients in a pot. Bring to the boil over a medium heat and reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Blend using a hand blender.
- Spoon 2 tsp of the glaze over the top of each mini lentil nut loaf.
- Return to the oven and cook for 8 - 10 more minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing from the mini loaf tins.
- Serve with roast veggies, some steamed greens or just as they are!
- These can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven for 4-5 minutes.