Tabbouleh is a fresh bulgur and parsley salad packed with light and nutritious ingredients!
Finely diced cucumber, tomato and peppers, sliced spring onions, chopped mint leaves, pomegranate seeds, goji berries, dressed simply with olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar and flaxseed.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 20g bulgur wheat
- 100ml hot vegetable stock
- 31g pack of parsley, finely chopped leaves only
- Handful of mint leaves, chopped
- 30g red pepper, finely diced
- 70g cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 5g goji berries
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed, Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame Seeds & Goji Berries
- 1 tsp sumac (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook the bulgur wheat in the hot vegetable stock for 8-10minutes.
- Drain off any excess stock once cooked and leave to cool.
- Mix the cooked bulgur wheat, chopped parsley and mint leaves, diced cucumber, tomato, red pepper, sliced spring onions, pomegranate seeds and goji berries together in a bowl.
- Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients and pour over the tabbouleh salad mixture.
- Mix the salad until everything is coated with the dressing.