Fruity desserts are perfect for the summertime, especially a raspberry and peach crumble which you could equally serve with some yogurt and call breakfast!
You could have any combination of berries that you fancy, maybe add a little apricot over the top or even plum. You can also just leave the stone fruit out and stick with berries. Whatever you have on hand or that which you’re palette desires. Peach and raspberry is just a classic combo in my mind!
These bars require minimal ingredients, no blending and they’re super easy to slice once they’ve set.
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
Servings – 10
For the Raspberry Filling
- 550g frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch + 3 tbsp water
- 1 large peach or nectarine thinly sliced
For the Base and Topping
- 170g gluten free plain flour
- 150g gluten free porridge oats
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Flax, Nuts & Q10
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 120g butter or coconut oil melted
- 80g smooth hulled tahini*
- Place raspberries, vanilla extract, and maple syrup into a pot over a medium heat. Allow to thaw and boil, mash up as much of as little as you like and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix together starch and water and add to the pot; stir and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Set to one side.
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together flour, oats and flaxseed in a large bowl.
- Mix together melted butter or coconut oil with sugar and tahini in another bowl or jug until smooth.
- Add wet to dry and mix well so everything is nicely coated.
- Place about ⅔ of the mixture into the bottom of a baking paper lined and lightly greased 9 * 13 inch tray.
- Press down using your finger tips and spread evenly. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the raspberry filling over the top. Lay the peach slices on top if using and then sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture.
- Return to the oven to bake for a further 15 – 20 minutes; until lightly golden!
- Allow to cool in the fridge before slicing or if you don’t want to slice into bars you can dig right in and scoop out as much as you want into a bowl.
- Delicious topped with vanilla ice cream or plain natural yogurt.
*You can use peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter here if you prefer.