Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Servings – 10-12
- 200g pitted medjool dates
- 80g ground almonds
- 50g Linwoods shelled hemp
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract or peppermint extract* optional
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Blend together all ingredients aside from the chocolate in your high speed blender.
- Place dough into a bowl and divide into 10 -12 balls. Roll between your palms until smooth and then place into the fridge for an hour before coating in the melted chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave jug, 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 seconds. It should take approximately 2 minutes.
- Coat each truffle one at a time, lifting and tapping off the excess chocolate with the truffle placed onto a fork.
- Place onto a baking paper lined plate or tray and allow to firm up at room temperature or in the fridge. Sprinkle each truffle with some hemp seeds before the chocolate sets.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
*You could also add up to 5 drops of peppermint or orange essential oil