Thicken up your oats, bring them right up to season and add a little spice with Pumpkin Whipped Oats. @peachypalate used canned pumpkin but you can of course use leftover roast pumpkin, butternut squash or even sweet potato as an alternative. Just blitz it up to a puree before incorporating it into your oats. The Linwoods Flax, Chia, Apple and Cinnamon for this pumpkin bowl of oats works beautifully…tastes like autumn in a bowl!
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 – 10 minutes
Servings – 1
- ½ a mug of uncooked jumbo porridge oats
- ½ a mug of pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Flax and Chia Seeds with Apple and Cinnamon
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 mug of oat milk or non dairy milk of choice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix together all ingredients in a pot. Bring to the boil and simmer, stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes or until they reach your desired thickness.
- Alternatively microwave for 2 -3 minutes.