Gloriously fudgy Black Bean Brownie Bites, these can be baked as your usual tray brownie or baked as individual muffin like bites. Peachy Palate used Linwoods Flaxseed, Cocoa and Mulberries blend mixed with water to create a egg substitute, and it also adds a luxurious sweet taste similar to dark chocolate!
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes*
Servings – 12
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed, Cocoa and Mulberries + 6 tbsp water
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed well, approx. 430g
- 125ml light tasting (refined) olive oil, not the good stuff!
- 250g granulated sugar
- 60g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Grease a silicone muffin tray with spray oil.
- Mix together flax and water in a small bowl and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- Add black beans, flax mixture and oil to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place black bean mixture into a bowl. Sieve in the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Add in sugar and mix well to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture up evenly into your greased silicone muffin tray; mixture should make 12 brownie bites. If using an 8 inch square tin ensure it’s lined with baking paper and greased with spray oil. Spread mixture evenly using the back of a clean spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes as brownie bites of 25 – 30 minutes as a brownie tray bake.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes at room temperature and place into the fridge for an hour or two to cool full. Store in the fridge for up to four days or freeze for up to one month.
- Brownies can be sliced much more easily when cooled fully.
- Black Bean Brownie Bites can be topped with some melted chocolate if desired.
*25 – 30 minutes if baking these in an 8 inch square tin. Allow to cool and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before slicing!