Nutty Banana Flapjacks…banana sweetened, bound with some vegan butter, flaxseed, and laced with coconut and chopped walnuts. Chewy, lightly sweet and wholesome. Delicious just as they are or even more topped with peanut butter and a little strawberry jam.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Servings – 12
- 3 bananas, ripe, approx. 390g peeled weight
- 60g vegan butter, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 300g jumbo oats
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Walnuts & Co-Enzyme Q10
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a 9 * 6 inch or 8 * 8 inch tray with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil or vegan butter.
- Blend together bananas, vegan butter and maple syrup in a large bowl using a hand blender. You could also just mash the bananas well or blend them together in a food processor.
- Add oats, coconut, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and flax to the wet ingredients. Mix well and then transfer to your prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing. Store Flapjacks in the fridge. Also delicious given a little heat up in the microwave before serving like you would a cookie.