Healthy Choc Porridge & Poached Pear
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pear
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1 cup gluten-free steel-cut oats
- 1 tablespoon Linwoods Flaxseed & Goji Berries
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- In a small pot, bring just enough water to cover the pear to the boil and mix in the maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla essence.
- In the meantime, peel the pear, add it to the water and let simmer for 10 minutes or until soft.
- While the pear is being poached prepare the porridge in another small pot. Bring the almond milk and oats to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the oats are nice and plump. Take it off the heat, mix in the raw cacao and stir until it has dissolved completely. Adjust the texture to your liking but keep in mind that the flaxseeds will thicken it, too.
- Fill the chocolate porridge into 2 bowls, cut the poached pear in half and place it on top.
- Top with Linwoods flaxseed & goji berry mix, cacao nibs and a tablespoon of almond butter.