- 300g dates
- 150g brown rice, oat or plain flour (can be gluten-free)
- 50g coconut flour
- 2 dessertspoons Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 75g coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75g coconut oil, melted
- 50g walnut pieces
To decorate -
- 100g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Extra walnut pieces and dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Place 200g of the dates in a food processor along with 150ml hot water and blend until smooth. Chop the remaining dates
- Mix together the flours, flaxseed, bicarbonate of soda, coconut sugar,ginger and mixed spice in a bowl.
- Pour in the blended dates along with the eggs, coconut oil, walnuts and remaining chopped dates and mix to form a batter.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes until firm to the touch. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then place on a wire rack.
- When cooled, beat together the yogurt, syrup/honey and vanilla then spread on top and decorate with walnuts and dates. Slice and enjoy!