You have probably heard of Co-Enzyme Q10 (CoQ10) in many skincare and beauty products but what exactly is CoQ10 and what does it do?
What is co-enzyme Q10?
CoQ10 is an enzyme that helps generate energy in your cells, and the highest levels are found in the liver, kidneys and heart. Your body naturally produces CoQ10 but this production declines with age, making dietary sources important in helping maintain adequate levels.
What are the potential benefits of co-enzyme Q10?
A wide range of research has suggested that CoQ10 may provide a variety of health benefits including supporting heart and brain health, reducing the signs of aging and increasing energy levels.
What are the foods sources of co-enzyme Q10?
The main sources of CoQ10 can be found in the following foods:
- Oily fish (salmon, tuna)
- Organ meats (liver, kidney)
- Vegetables (broccoli, spinach)
- Nuts and seeds (peanuts, sesame seeds)
We have included CoQ10 in two of our product blends, to allow you to easily incorporate this enzyme into your diet
- Linwoods Milled Flaxseed Almonds Brazil Nuts Walnuts & Co-Enzyme Q10 contains 20mg of CoQ10 per 20g serving.
- Menoligna (specifically developed for women during the menopause stage of life) contains 30mg of CoQ10 per 30g serving.