Spicy pumpkin soup
Although it's Winter this soup is the perfect way to get your Vitamin D boost without the sunshine! Just one serving (30g) of our Flaxseed with Bio Cultures and Vitamin D provides 100% RI of the sunshine vitamin, which amongst its many benefits contributes to the normal absorption of calcium and to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
Recipe by Hazel Wallace @ The Food Medic
Table of Contents
- 1 Medium – large pumpkin
- 1 Leek, cut into chunks
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Inch raw ginger, grated
- 1 Lemongrass
- 4 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 Litre vegetable (or chicken) stock
- 400ml Coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 – 4 Tsp olive oil
- 2 Heaped spoons Linwoods Milled Flaxseed with Bio Cultures & Vitamin D
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C and peel and de-seed the pumpkin. Cut into chunks and place on a large roasting tray and add 2 tsp of olive oil. Drizzle over 1 tbsp of honey and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp of olive oil to a large pot and add the onion, leeks, ginger and lemongrass and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the Thai red curry paste and add the roasted pumpkin and its juices. Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle on 2 tbsp of Linwoods flaxseed, with Bio Cultures & Vitamin D and then remove the stalk of lemongrass.
- Add juice of one lime and allow to cool slightly before blending all of the ingredients. Return to the heat and gently heat through.
- Serve, garnish and enjoy.