Peach Pesto Pizza…the easiest pizza dough you will ever make. No yeast required, made with yogurt and given a fibre boost with some milled flaxseed! Topped off with a delicious simple kale basil pesto, juicy ripe peaches and cheese.
Servings – 1 – 2
Preparation Time – 20 minutes + 1 hour for the dough to rest
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
For the Base
- 120g plain spelt flour
- 1 tbsp Linwoods milled flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 120g yogurt of choice
- Generous pinch of salt
For the Pesto
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil
- 1 large handful of kale, stems removed
- 1 -2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pesto – above
- 1 medium to large nectarine or peach
- Half a ball of buffalo mozzarella torn or non dairy cheese of choice
- Handful of courgette ribbons; created using a vegetable peeler
- Fresh basil and honey to serve
- Mix together dough ingredients. Place onto a lightly floured surface and knead just for a minute or two to create a smooth, soft, still slightly sticky dough. Place into a grease bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to rest for an hour or you can make it in the morning and cook it in the evening!
- Blend together pesto ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Season to taste. Can be kept in the fridge for up to one week.
- Preheat your oven to 200C (400F).
- Grease two pieces of parchment paper with spray oil.
- Place dough between the sheets and roll using a rolling pin to form a 12 inch disc or oval. Lift the top sheet and then lift the pizza base up with the bottom sheet straight onto a baking tray. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove and top with pesto, courgette, peach slices and cheese. Return to the oven to cook for 10 minutes. Serve garnish with fresh basil and a little drizzle of honey.