Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 – 20 minutes
Servings – 4
- 280g cooked cooled quinoa
- 2 tbsp (14g) Linwoods Milled Flaxseed Nuts Q10 + 90 ml water
- 40g buckwheat or oat flour
- ½ a medium zucchini, finely grated
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 40g toasted sunflower seeds
- 15g runny tahini
- ½ Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- Natural or non dairy plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp beet juice
- Pink Salt to taste
- 4 Buns of choice
- Mix together flax and water and set to one side for 15 minutes until “eggy” in consistency.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl. Divide into four even balls and then flatten between the palms of your hands to form patties.
- You can bake in the oven for 20 minutes or pan fry/grill/barbecue for 5 minutes each side.
- If using the oven preheat to 180C (350F).
- Mix together beet juice and yogurt of choice, season to taste with Pink Himalayan Rock Salt.
- Place beet yogurt on bun bases, top with quinoa burgers, lettuce, thinly sliced cucumber and bun “lid”.
- These also keep well once cooked in the fridge for up to three days in a seal tight container or you can make them the night before hand and then cook from the fridge; they will just take an extra few minutes to heat through.