Dancing On Ice skater @vanessabauer_skates and nutritionist @annielonglife have created the perfect pre-workout snack…VEGAN COOKIES! Using Linwoods Milled Flaxseed mixed with water to create a vegan egg substitute!
Preparation Time – 50 minutes
Servings – 16 cookies
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, mixed with ½ cup water (makes “flax egg”)
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup almond or coconut flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (I chopped 100g block of 70% dairy-free cocoa chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Make the “flax egg” by mixing the flaxseed with water. Try to whisk out any clumps. Sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl add all dry ingredients.
- Add all wet ingredients with the “flax egg” and mix through. Once well combined, pour wet mixture in with dry ingredients and mix.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 20 minutes to make it less sticky and easier to roll.
- Form dough into balls, roughly 2 tbsp worth. Then press flat onto the tray. Make sure there is enough room between cookies for when they expand.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before moving and eating!
- Calories – 188
- Carbohydrates – 17.6g
- Fat – 11.5g
- Protein – 3.5g