- 2 cups medjool dates (if they're dry, soak in boiling water for 10 minutes then drain)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- ½ cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flax, Chia seed, Apple + Cinnamon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp plant milk
- 3-4 tbsp buckwheat flour/gluten free flour of choice
- Cacao powder/cocoa powder
- Crushed pistachios
- Chia seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Start by placing the dates in your food processor along with the almond butter, cacao powder, maple syrup, Linwoods flax mix, cinnamon, vanilla and plant milk then blitz for 2-3 minutes until creamy with minimal bits.
- Process again to get rid of the bits.
- Next, add the flour and blitz again until combined. Your mixture should be thick with stiff peaks.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to harden.
- Take your bowl out of the freezer and start making the balls.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture with a spoon and roll into a ball with your hands, then dip into your choice of coating. Place each truffle onto a plate/tray.
- Place the tray of truffles into the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- Enjoy! Keep refrigerated.
Recipe by GinaB Nutrition