Recipe by SpamellaB.com
- ½ teaspoon oil
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 50g rolled oats
- 1 heaped tablespoon Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed
- 200ml water
- 50ml milk
- Large handful of spinach leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add the leek, garlic and herbs. Cook for a good 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until starting to soften.
- Stir in the oats and flaxseeds along with the water and milk. Bring to just under the boil then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring well, until thickened. Add a little more water if it gets too thick.
- Meanwhile bring another pan of water to the boil and drop the whole eggs in. Cook for 6 minutes for the perfect soft-boiled egg, then drain and plunge in cold water to make it easier to peel the shell off.
- Stir the spinach leaves, seasoning and fresh parsley into the oats then remove from the heat. Pour this into a large bowl or plate.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the avocado slices to prevent browning then arrange on top, finishing off with the eggs on top - now it’s time to cut the eggs in half and allow the runny yolk to ooze into the rest of the ingredients.
- Eat straight away!