- 3 large chunks of cooked beetroot
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 100ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 150g rolled oats
- 50g ground almonds or almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Linwoods milled chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons stevia or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 6 heaped tablespoons raspberry jam (no added sugar if possible)
- 200g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 9 x 9in square tin.
- Place the beetroot, melted coconut oil, milk, vanilla, maple syrup and vinegar in a food processor or blender and whizz up until smooth.
- Now add in the oats, almonds, milled chia seeds, stevia/coconut sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and blend again until a pink batter forms.
- Pour this into the prepared tin and smooth out evenly.
- Now dot spoonfuls of the jam evenly over the top and swirl through the batter a little, then scatter over the raspberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until firm.
Leave to cool completely in the tin, then slice up into 9 bars then remove.
Keep any remaining squares in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.