Recipe by SpamellaB
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons Milled Organic Flaxseed
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Coconut oil, for frying
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Coconut yogurt, coconut chips and homemade chia jam
- First make the chia jam: place the berries in a small pan with a dash of water. Bring to the boil then simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup/honey and chia seeds. Set aside for at least 30 minutes (any longer, place in a container and keep in a container in the fridge for up to 1 week).
- Place the pancake ingredients into a blender and whizz up until smooth. The mixture should be a slightly thick batter (not too runny or too thick).
- Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick pan, then add about 2 tablespoons of mixture per pancake. Use a spoon to carefully shape into a circle.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on a low heat until the surface is bubble and no longer wet. Carefully flip over and cook for a further few minutes, then transfer to a plate and keep warm while you cook the rest of the pancakes in the same way (cook a few at a time depending on how confident you are/how big your pan is)!
- Now stack up and top with the berry jam, some coconut yogurt and coconut flakes. Tuck in straight away!