- 75g quinoa
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- 120g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 stock celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- Olive oil for cooking
- Large handful cooked chestnuts
- Handful dried cranberries
- Black pepper to taste
- Tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed with bio cultures and vitamin D
- Fresh herbs and coriander and pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Finely dice the onion and add this into a frying pan with a little drizzle of olive oil. Sauté this over a medium heat until beautifully caramelised. Crush in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa with 1 1/2 parts water and add in the stock cube. When the quinoa is almost cooked and there’s hardly any water left, remove from the heat and leave the lid on the pan to allow to finish cooking. Try and avoid stirring the quinoa too much- fluff with a fork instead.
- Dice the celery and mushrooms and add these into the pan with the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Chop the chestnuts into halves and stir these through the mixture.
- Add a little water if needed to prevent the veggies sticking to the pan.
- Once the veggies are all cooked through and starting to crisp nicely, mix through the cranberries, quinoa and flaxseed, then season with a little black pepper.
- Serve and garnish with some fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds.