Easy peasy cookies, soft in the middle, crispy round the edges, and also doubles up as the most ideal ice cream sandwich cookie!
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 12 minutes
Servings – 8 – 10 large cookies
- 1 tbsp Linwoods Flax, Nuts and Q10 + 3 tbsp water
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 80g butter or vegan friendly butter alternative
- 90g plain flour or white spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 20g cacao or cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 60g mini dark chocolate chips + 1 tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together flax and water in a small bowl and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat together room temperature butter with sugar using an electric beater until creamy.
- Add flax egg and mix well with a spoon.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cacao or cocoa powder and salt. Mix well to form a soft dough. The dough will be a little bit more wet than you might be used to but that’s the way it should be!
- Mix in chocolate chips, reserving the 1 tbsp of chocolate chips for when the cookies are cooked.
- Divide dough into 8 – 10 balls. Flatten slightly and place onto a baking paper lined tray. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the reserved chocolate chips while the cookies are hot on the tray for more aesthetically pleasing cookies.
- Allow to cool fully on the tray.