Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 2
- 4 slices medium to thick cut seeded sourdough, the real deal!
- 3 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flax, Chia Seed, Apple and Cinnamon
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, for cooking
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 – 4 tbsp plain or vanilla Greek yogurt of choice, or non dairy alternative
- Toasted pumpkin seeds and pecan nuts
- Place milk, maple syrup and flax mix into wide based flat bottomed bowl or casserole dish.
- Mix together. Lay the bread in the dish and leave to sit for 5 minutes, flipping half way.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large.
- Once the pan is hot add the soaked slices of bread. Cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Meanwhile add the coconut sugar and coconut milk to a small non stick pot, bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add apples and leave to simmer for 3 – 5 minutes to allow the apples to soften a little.
- Stack the French toast, top with yogurt, caramel apples and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and pecans to serve.