- 1 cup leftover vegan mashed potato
- 1 medium sized raw potato - grated
- 1 cup leftover boiled sprouts/cabbage – chopped finely
- 1 flax egg – made with Linwoods Milled Flaxseed
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour (you can use gluten free flour)
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder/garlic granules
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional - adds a nice kick)
- Generous amount of salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil (for frying)
- Make your flax egg (mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 2.5 tbsp water in a little ramekin and leave to thicken for 10 minutes).
- Place the leftover mashed potato into a large mixing bowl along with your flax egg, flour,nutritional yeast, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper – then mix until well combined.
- Mix in the grated potato and sprouts/cabbage. Your mixture should be thick and dense.
- If it’s too dry, add in a splash of plant milk. If it’s too wet, add more flour! Simple.
- Heat up about 2 tsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, drop a dollop of the mixture into the pan, and shape with your spoon. Fry on both sides for around 3-4 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Do this with the rest of your batter, you will need to keep adding a little extra oil to fry.
- Place the patties on kitchen paper to drain the oil. Keep the patties in the oven to keep them warm until you’ve finished the batch.
- Serve with fresh parsley/chopped spring onions/vegan sour cream/tomato sauce. Enjoy!
Recipe by GinaB Nutrition