- 160g rolled oats, gluten free if necessary
- 20g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp (7g) Linwoods Organic Milled Flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 small ripe banana, approx. 90 - 100g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1- 2 tbsp (15 - 30ml) maple syrup (optional)
- ½ a small banana (60g), sliced for on top
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Place the oats and coconut on a non stick or baking paper lined tray and place into the oven for 8 - 10 minutes to lightly toast.
- Meanwhile mix together flaxseed and water and set to one side.
- Blend together almond milk, vanilla extract and banana.
- Mix together toasted oats, coconut and baking paper.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, the banana milk mixture and flax egg.
- Place into an oven safe dish, 7 by 5 inch rectangular dish ideally and approximately 2 inches deep.
- Lay banana slices over the top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing or place in the fridge overnight and slice the next morning for a perfectly formed slice of your choice!
- These will keep in the fridge in a seal tight container for up to 4 days. They also reheat well in the microwave or can be toasted under preheated grill.