- 50g quinoa
- 150ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp Linwoods Flax, Chia Seed, Apple & Cinnamon mix
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 apple
- 1 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water then add to a saucepan along with the almond milk, maple syrup and 1 tsp cinnamon. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the quinoa has soaked up the liquid.
- While the quinoa cooks, make your apple compote. Start by peeling the apple and cutting into cube pieces. Place in a saucepan over a medium heat then add the apple, water and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Cover and allow to stew for 4-5 minutes, or until the apple is nice and soft.
- When the quinoa has finished cooking, stir in the Linwoods flax, chia seeds, apple & cinnamon mix. Pour the quinoa porridge into a bowl and top with the apple compote and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds.