Want to try something different for lunch…how about @dumbbellsandoats toasted sourdough recipe?
Sourdough toast covered in tahini and shelled hemp for a nutty flavour, avocado slices for a buttery texture, and a delicious harissa hummus on the side.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- Fresh dill
- Fresh coriander
- Sea salt flakes
- Linwoods Shelled Hemp
- Lime, wedges
- 1 x can tinned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Aquafaba (brine of the tinned chickpeas)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
Method for hummus:
- Blend all the ingredients for the hummus together in a high speed blender. Add a tablespoon or two of cold water if you want a looser consistency.
- Toast the sourdough bread slices and spread over the tahini.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and cut into thin slices arranging them over the toasts.
- Sprinkle the avocado with hemp seeds, dill and coriander leaves.
- Spread the hummus onto the side of the plate, creating a little well known the middle. Spoon in a little harissa.
- Squeeze over some lime juice over the avocado and serve.
Need a dessert idea? Try @peachypalate Chocolate Protein Bars. Fudgy chocolate protein bars laced with hemp and chia seeds for a beautiful subtle crunch in every bite!