Sweet Potato has made its way onto our lunch and dinner plates so why is it that we don’t enjoy them for breakfast as well? These Sweet Potato Oats are almost like a warm smoothie bowl…fluffy, caramel-y whipped sweet potatoes infused with cinnamon and flaxseed, then topped with raspberries, peanut butter and granola!
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 – 45 minutes
Servings – 2
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 – 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Raspberries, peanut butter and granola to serve
- Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Place into a preheated oven at 200C (400F) for 45 -60 minutes or until tender or you can cook them in the air fryer for approximately 30 – 40 minutes.
- Once cooked remove the skin; you can throw this back into the air fryer drizzled with a little oil of choice to crisp if up if desired or discard it.
- Blend together flaxseed, sweet potato flesh, cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Serve warm, cool or chilled with peanut butter, berries and granola. Enjoy your sweet potato oats!