- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- ½ red chili, finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 medium squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 500ml of fresh chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of Linwoods Hemp
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- Yoghurt to serve – optional
- Heat the oil in a large lidded pot, allow it to melt then add the onion and a big pinch of salt, sauté for 7 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli, stir for 30 seconds then add the squash and another pinch of salt, stir well then pour over the coconut milk and stock.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, allow this to simmer for 40 minutes with the lid on.
- While this is cooking toast the pumpkin and hemp seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes until golden, then leave to the side to cool.
- Once the squash is cooked though, puree the soup until smooth. Pour into bowls and top with a swirl of yoghurt, if using, and scatter over the toasted seeds.